Organic growth and exposure is the dream of every small business owner. That's why Instagram for business is really a no-brainer these days. Instagram is the perfect tool for creating brand exposure at viral scale. Here are 5 simple tips that can boost your business or brands Instagram success:
- Clean up your bio. An Instagram bio acts as a combination of your store front and business pitch in one. Get as much info as you can in those 150 characters, while keeping it looking clean. Emojis are great but don’t go overboard.
- Change your profile picture. You can use your logo if it looks super sexy. But if you’re logo can be mistaken for something spammy, it’s better to change your profile pic to something a little prettier. Maybe a product you sell or something that represents your service. If you’re leaving comments on feeds and your profile picture is aesthetically pleasing, people will be more likely to check out your account.
- Use more hashtags. Too many businesses don’t take full advantage of this. Instagram allows up to 30 hashtags per post. Use a mix of hashtags that are bigger, more general (like #realestate) and smaller, more niche (like #sandiegohomes). The combination will get you more exposure to the right audience.
- Make it easy for people to contact you. If you’re not great at responding to direct messages, make sure the website you link to has a “contact us” section right on the homepage. Or better yet, add an email right into the bio if you have enough characters to spare.
- Use Instagram Stories. If you make jewelry, shoot a video of the process of putting a piece together. If you’re an artist, add a time lapse of painting an art piece. If you work in an office, have some fun showing your company culture. Instagram Stories is a great way for people to get a “backstage pass” to be able to connect with your business or brand on a deeper level.
These 5 tips are easy to implement but we know it can be a little time consuming. If your time is sparse, you may want to consider outsourcing your Instagram management to highly qualified experts like those at Greatness Media. Learn more here.